This WalletBee removal guide provides steps to remove the WalletBee virus in order to get rid of ads by WalletBee on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as other potential malware and adware.
What is WalletBee?
Internet users have recently began to complain about ads by WalletBee that appear while browsing the internet. These advertisements are associated with potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in the adware category of possible computer threats that take form of browser helper objects, add-ons, and extensions. The adware generates cross-browser and specific user targeted advertisements by accessing user browsing data and using the collected data to display crafted advertisements designed to bait users into clicking them.
Information accessed and collected by potential WalletBee malware may cover a user’s compelte browsing activities, browser bookmarks, browser history, information submitted to websites, and more. This information may also be used for a variety of marketing purposes, including email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from suspicious individuals and organizations.
Additionaly, the WalletBee virus (which is not technically a computer virus) is often introduced to a computer and affected browser alongside other unwanted programs and malicious software that will also need to be removed from an affected operating system and browser to repair unwanted activities from occurring.
How to remove WalletBee (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall WalletBee
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled WalletBee. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove WalletBee add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the WalletBee extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the WalletBee add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the WalletBee add-on and remove it if located.