Vnlgp Miner (Vnlgp Miner virus) is a recognized as a potentially unwanted program that continuously steals digital currency on a computer it infects. Vnlgp Miner will use the graphic card at all times to mine currency on the machine. This will additionally use excessive system resources and cause a lot of problems. It can cause a computer to overheat and become slow and sluggish.
When Vnlgp Miner is installed it will download a miner called vnlgp.exe (a renamed copy of sgminer) and the file will mine the Decred cryptocoin by using 70% of the processing power on the infected machine’s graphics card. The infected computer will additionally be added to mining pool on poolminers.net using the username miner in order to mine the Decred digital currency.
Vnlgp Miner will also check to see if the infected computer is using various Antivirus and Anti-Malware products and will abort their installation and restrict use in order to remained undetected.
The security programs this infection will search for and abort include AVG, Avast, DrWeb, IKARUS, K7 Antivirus 7.0, Malwarebytes, McAfee, Symantec Endpoint Protection, VIPRE Antivirus, VIPRE Internet Security, FortiClient, gData, Panda, Filseclab Twister Antivirus, Avira, Nano, Baidu, and TrendMicro.
Vnlgp Miner Distribution Method
Vnlgp Miner is typically offered as bundled software. The program will bundle with other programs that are downloaded by the user. This usually happens if the user downloads a program or file from a questionable source. Downloading items like freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if you download it from a malicious site it can lead to a computer infection.
If the computer user has previously downloaded a malicious program, Vnlgp Miner adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without disclosure. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something else. Malicious publishers sometimes hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances Vnlgp Miner may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
Vnlgp Miner Details
|Names||Vnlgp Miner, Vnlgp Miner virus|
|Detection Categories||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Vnlgp Miner (Virus Removal Instructions)
These Vnlgp Miner removal instructions will help you remove Vnlgp Miner virus, malware, and other threats from your computer.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.