How to Remove Vindows Locker Virus
Vindows Locker Virus
- Targets computer files that match certain file extensions rendering them inaccessible
- Coded in C# and encrypts files with the AES encryption algorithm
- Asks infected users who had their files encrypted to call a phone number and talk to a call center operator to decrypt files
- Paying the ransom will not help you recover your files because the coders have lost the ability to automatically retrieve the encryption key used for each user
- Call center operators try to fool users with a fake Microsoft’s support page
Vindows Locker Description
Vindows Locker ransomware (also known as VindowsLocker) is a computer virus that encrypts computer files and downloads a ransom note on Windows desktop and in each folder it encrypted files in. The ransom note explains what happened to the encrypted files and describes the malware author’s method to pay a ransom in order to obtain a decryption key.
this not microsoft vindows support we have locked your files with the zeus virus do one thing and call level 5 microsoft support technician at 1-844-609-3192 you will files back for a one time charge of $349.99
txt, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, odt, jpg, png, csv, sql, mdb, sln, php, asp, aspx, html, xml, psd
It is not recommended to pay ransomware authors to decrypt your files unless you have no other choice. Instead of supporting cyber criminals by paying the ransom you can use programs like Shadow Explorer, PhotoRec, or Recuva, as well as free decryptors to decrypt your files for free.
Vindows Locker virus is usually distributed via malicious spam email attachments, exploit kits, and instant message spam. The ransomware usually employs social engineering in order to trick unsuspecting victims into downloading a file under the guise that it is something it is not. Once the file is manually executed by the user ransomware will begin to advance on the computer system and carry through it’s various functions.
How to Remove Vindows Locker Virus and Decrypt Files
This Vindows Locker virus removal guide will help you remove Vindows Locker ransomware from your computer and decrypt your encrypted files for free.
1. Download a decryptor:
Link 2: @TheWack0lian
2. Run the decryptor program and follow the instructions to decrypt your files.
3. Download and Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to detect and remove malicious files from your computer.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
5. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
6. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
7. Download and Install HitmanPro by Surfright to perform a second-opinion scan.
8. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
9. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
10. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. Click the Reboot button.
12. Download and Install CCleaner by Piriform to cleanup junk files, repair your registry, and manage settings that may have been changed.
13. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
14. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
15. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
How to stay protected against future infections
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know