How to remove VideoBuzz (Virus Removal Guide)
VideoBuzz by InstallX LLC is an advertisement-supported potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is known to download and install onto a Windows computer without user knowledge. VideoBuzz is a shortened title for a program described as Media Player by Video Buzz.
- This program bundles with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including UniDeals and similar adware.
- This program reads and changes all your data on the websites you visit.
- This program reads and changes your browsing history.
- This program manages your apps, extensions, and themes.
- This program manages your downloads.
How does VideoBuzz get on a computer?
VideoBuzz is commonly contracted without knowledge alongside free downloadable content. This includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and even email attachments. In some cases VideoBuzz and other items are promoted through advertisements and will automatically download and install once an advertisement is clicked.
Users may also be given options to accept or decline an offer to install VideoBuzz adware and similar products during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the user request to decline the program from installing is usually ignored or presented in a confusing manner,
How to remove VideoBuzz
- Step 1: Remove VideoBuzz add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall VideoBuzz
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove VideoBuzz add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the VideoBuzz extension and other suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the VideoBuzz add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall VideoBuzz
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for VideoBuzz and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.