The Vi-View virus (Vi View virus, viview virus) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and/or malware found in the adware and browser hijacker categories of computer infections. According to third-party security vendors, vi-view may also be detected as, or bundles with spyware. Vi-View malware is known to hijacker internet browser settings and generate pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by use of Windows software, including browser helper objects (BHOs), and browser attachments including add-ons and extensions.
Vi-view is promoted as an image manager for Windows computer systems. This program is identified as freeware developed and published by Flyingbird Technology. In order to use this program you must agree to the publishers terms, which may include browser setting changes and targeted advertisements.
Once potential Vi-View malware is installed this program and associated programs will change existing browser settings, including the homepage and default search engine, causing unwanted browser redirects to searches.vi-view.com, search.vi-view.com (Flyingbird Technology Search Engine) and other websites. This program and associated parties may also observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements. Information collected may be submitted to third-party marketing and mailing lists.
If Vi-View software is installed, a user may notice pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyperlinked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer. Most of these advertisements will say something similar to “brought by Vi-View” or “Vi-View Deals.”
Vi-View malware primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Vi-View software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
This program can also be found on the publisher’s website.
How to remove Vi-View virus
- Option 1: Vi-View Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Vi-View malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Vi-View – This second option details how to manually uninstall Vi-View and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Vi-View Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Vi-View and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Vi-View adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Vi-View (Flyingbird Technology) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Vi-View, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Vi-View
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Vi-View adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Vi-View
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Vi-View (Flyingbird Technology) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Vi-View add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Vi-View add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Vi-View extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Vi-View add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Vi-View add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove vi-view.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove searches.vi-view.com (or other) from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove searches.vi-view.com (or other) the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to searches.vi-view.com (or other) to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.searches.vi-view.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove vi-view.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove vi-view.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove vi-view.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove vi-view.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.