usblock (usblock virus) is a potentially unwanted program and the name of the supporting application for USB Locker. The usblock program is known to utilize deceptive and misleading marketing tactics in order to gain access to a computer system. Users are usually never given a choice to accept or deny this program from installing. It is usually contracted in the background via a malicious software bundler like SecurityApps2 without user acknowledgement.
Once the program is installed it will remain hidden in the background until you restart your computer. The program will boot at restart. It has a task set allowing to run every time you start your computer.
Downloading free objects online, such as freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs, adware, and malware infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy like Google Chrome, if you download it from a malicious site or by using an untrustworthy download manager it can lead to a computer infection.
How to remove usblock virus
Removing usblock from your computer immediately is highly recommended. You should do this as soon as possible. This program has a bad online reputation and may be the sign of a more serious computer infection. Use the usblock removal guide below to completely remove this program and other threats from your computer.
1. Remove usblock with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Perform a second-opinion scan with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Cleanup junk and repair your settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
How to stay protected against future infections
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
Common Online Guidelines
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know