US System Care
US System Care by uspcworks.com is a potentially unwanted program that is mostly noted for utilizing questionable marketing tactics in order to obtain customers. US System Care is promoted as a free Anti-Malware type computer security program that can help detect and remove malware and potential threats. It also claims to scan for registry issues in order to boost system performance and clear-up space on the machine.
Although US System Care might sound like a legitimate program there are many concerns with it and programs alike it. One of the concerns is that US System Care is not free to use. Like other programs similar to it, US System Care is only a free scanner even though some sources might suggest otherwise. Once the program scans your computer it will not respond to detected results unless you make a payment and subscribe to the program.
When US System Care has completed a scan of your computer it will usually claim that a large amount of system issues are found. It may claim to have found malware and PUPS, system performance issues, system and user software issues, and startup and uninstall issues.
The US System Care scan claimed to have found 8 pieces of malware and PUPS on our new machine with a fresh Windows 8 install, as well as 24 system/performance issues, 217 system/user software issues, and startup/uninstall and user issues.
Programs similar to US System Care often claim that a large amount of issues are found in order to frighten users to purchase the full version of the program. it is usually a marketing tactic designed to dupe the average computer user.
US System Care Distribution Method
US System Care can be manually downloaded from a variety of locations. It might also bundle with other programs and files that are downloaded from a questionable source. Downloading objects online including freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if you download it from a malicious site it can lead to a computer infection.
If the computer user has previously downloaded a questionable program, US System Care might have automatically downloaded in the background without disclosure. The user might also be tricked into accepting the other program as a download under the guise of a program update or something else. Malicious publishers sometimes hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading unwanted programs.
US System Care Details
|Names||US System Care, US System Care virus *This program is not a computer virus|
|Detection||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Tech-Support pop-up advertisements on Windows Desktop
Browser redirects to commercial webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path||C:\Program Files (x86)\US System Care|
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove US System Care (Virus Removal Guide)
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall US System Care and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall US System Care and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for US System Care in the list of installed programs and double click it to initiate the manual uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled US System Care, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted add-ons and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.