This Update Google Chrome removal guide will help you remove the Update Google Chrome virus from Windows to get rid of unwanted ads by Update_Google_Chrome and browser redirects on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is Update Google Chrome?
The Update Google Chrome virus (also known as Update_Google_Chrome) is terminology used to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware that utilizes very misleading marketing tactics in order to infect a computer system. Some reputable Antivirus programs, including Norton Internet Security will eradicate this program upon introduction and have labeled associated malicious files as possible trojan horses.
Once the associated file titled update_google_chrome.exe is downloaded and initiated on a Windows computer system, the executable file will possibly appear to install or re-install Google Chrome browser. The file will prompt an installation window that appears to be from Google Chrome that says “Downloading” and will then redirect users to questionable websites once completed.
Common symptoms of the Update Google Chrome virus (although it is unclear if this program can be defined as a computer virus) are unwanted advertisements, browser redirects, and spam email messages.
Update Google Chrome malware, associated programs, and similar items will include permission that allow them to collect a user’s browser activity and history. This information is then used to generate targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers.
Furthermore, this program may have permission to change existing internet browser settings such as the homepage and default search engine, causing unwanted browser redirects and start-ups to suspicious websites.
Reputable Antivirus programs have reported this program as a trojan or malware. This could mean that the program has a very bad online reputation and may violate a user’s rights by collecting information, changing internet browser and system settings, and causing other harm to personal computers and the lives of computer owners and users.
Update Google Chrome utilizes very aggressive and misleading marketing tactics in order to trick users into installing the malicious files needed to install this program. In some cases users may be directed to advertisement landing pages promoting this software stating that “Your browser Google Chrome is out-of-date Please download and update now. it´s free!” These advertisement landing webpages may claim that you need an up-to-date browser for provide better security, speed, compatibility, and comfort & better experience.
Landing pages used to promote this potentially malicious program may also display pop-up messages that say your browser google chrome is outdated and a critical security update has been released. It will say that you are required to update your browser and that the page will close once the security update has been installed.
How to remove Update Google Chrome virus
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the Update Google Chrome virus and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Update Google Chrome and other unwanted software from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Update Google Chrome
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select ‘Programs and Features’).
2. From the Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Update Google Chrome (or another unwanted program) in the list of installed programs. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer that may have installed alongside this malicious program.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted Chrome extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted Firefox add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the unwanted Internet Explorer add-on and remove it if located.