How to remove Uninstall Master (Virus Removal Guide)
Uninstall Master by Polypower Technology Inc. (UninstallMaster) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that bundles with other unwanted programs and uses collected browser data (such as all activities, bookmarks, and history) to serve targeted advertisements it feels internet users are most likely to click on. This program also changes existing internet browser settings in order to cause browser redirects to mystart.uninstallmaster.com and searches.uninstallmaster.com.
Uninstall Master is commonly contracted without knowledge alongside free downloadable content. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and even email attachments. In some cases Uninstall Master and other items are promoted through advertisements and will automatically download and install once an advertisement is clicked. This program can also be manually downloaded from the publisher’s website, but most internet browsers will reject the executable file from downloading.
Users may be given options to accept or decline an offer to install Uninstall Master adware and similar products during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the user request to decline the program from installing is usually ignored or presented in a confusing manner.
What is Uninstall Master?
Publisher Description: Uninstall Master is a FREE and powerful uninstall tool that helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted plug-ins & apps installed on your computer easily! Even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from “Windows Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs)” control panel applet.
- Uninstall Master bundles with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including UniDeals.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Uninstall Master can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Uninstall Master can read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Uninstall Master can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Uninstall Master can manage your downloads.
How to remove Uninstall Master (Removal Instructions)
- Step 1: Remove Uninstall Master add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Uninstall Master
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Uninstall Master add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Uninstall Master extension and other suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Uninstall Master add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall Uninstall Master
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Uninstall Master and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.