How to remove Unico Browser (Virus Removal Guide)
Unico Browser by ClaraLabs S.A (also known as Unico Browser virus) is a potentially unwanted program that might cause problems for computer users. Unico Browser is promoted as a free and safe tool or alternative web browser. However, Unico Browser is known to be deceptive and intrusive. It bundles with other objects, including additional adware and malicious threats and it can access and modify user browsing activities. Unico Browser will use the observed activities and collected browser data to generate advertisements that specifically target users based off their habits.
Modifications made to affected internet browsers may cause browser redirects to monetized websites such as conduit.com. Modifications may also allow the program or add-on and extension and objects that it bundles with to run every time a browser starts, change proxy settings, and change the way a browser performs.
Unico Browser is not technically defined as a computer virus but the program is still a threat or the sign of a serious computer infection if it was contracted without authorization. Potential Unico Browser malware has been reported to download and install alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including fun4u. This means that it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions to stop all unwanted activities from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why it is recommended to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove Unico Browser and malicious files that it may arrive with.
Browser attachments that this program bundles with have ‘permissions’ set allowing them to perform tasks users may find undesirable. These permissions are listed below.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
Unico Browser is usually introduced to a computer system without user consent or knowledge. The program is used to promote free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web, therefor it bundles with multiple objects. Free downloadable content that this program might bundle with includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and more.
Users who wish to consciously and manually install a piece of freeware may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Unico Browser adware and other objects during the installation process; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing is often ignored by the program or presented in a deceptive manner.
In some cases, Unico Browser and other unwanted programs are promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove Unico Browser (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Unico Browser
- Step 3: Remove Unico Browser malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Unico Browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall Unico Browser
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Unico Browser and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Unico Browser malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.