Ultimaterecipes.net is a browser hijacker that takes over your homepage, browser shortcut, default browser search engine, and new tab settings in order to cause affected web browsers to redirect to ultimaterecipes.net, bing.com, and other webpages. The ultimaterecipes.net website is promoted by several programs and browser attachments such as Ultimate Recipes. If your internet browser starts-up on and redirects to http://www.ultimaterecipes.net and other webpages it means that your computer has become infected with adware and potentially unwanted programs such as the previously mentioned program that bares the same name as the website. Furthermore, your computer may have also contracted malware and other threats because adware and potentially unwanted programs such as this are known to routinely bundle with malicious programs and files.
The ultimaterecipes redirect is the result of programs, browser add-ons and extensions, and deceptive files that may have accessed your computer without your knowledge. To remove ultimaterecipes.net from your homepage and stop unwanted browser redirects to the website it is recommended to uninstall any programs that may have enter your computer via Windows Control Panel, remove browser attachments that may be present, and scan your computer for existing malware with a reputable tool.
Ultimaterecipes.net (Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove ultimaterecipes.net search engine
- Step 4: Remove ultimaterecipes.net homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up your computer
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
3. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on, select it, and remove it.
Step 3: Remove ultimaterecipes.net search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove ultimaterecipes.net search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove ultimaterecipes.net search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to ultimaterecipes.net search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove ultimaterecipes.net homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove ultimaterecipes.net from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove ultimaterecipes.net from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove ultimaterecipes.net and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
3. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 6: Clean up your computer
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner after it is installed and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.