How to remove Ultimate PC Optimizer (Virus Removal Guide)
Ultimate PC Optimizer by ATSH Ltd (or Euro Trade Ltd) is a free Windows cleaning and optimization program with a questionable online reputation. The cyber security community and reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware vendors have included Ultimate PC Optimizer in the potentially unwanted category (PUP) category for several reasons. Ultimate PC Optimizer is known to perform bogus and/or misleading computer scams in order to scare victims into purchasing the full version of the program.
Ultimate PC Optimizer is promoted as a free trial. Most users who find Ultimate PC Optimizer installed on their computers have contracted the free trial version of this software. Ultimate PC Optimizer is free to scan a computer with, but not free to actually use and fix issues that it claims to detect. Ultimate PC Optimizer alike many similar programs use this tactic to get users to register and pay for the full version titled Ultimate PC Optimizer Pro.
Ultimate PC Optimizer is a concern because it usually always bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious files, such as Dregol. Users may notice pop-up advertisements, browser redirects, decreased computer performance, and other symptoms if Ultimate PC Optimizer is installed. In order to stop all these activities it will be necessary to uninstall third-party programs and remove third-party browser attachment that cause these additional issues.
Ultimate PC Optimizer overview:
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- This program is often referred to as the “Ultimate PC Optimizer virus;” However, the potentially unwanted program is not technically defined as a computer virus.
- Some users have found this program to be easy to manually uninstall.
- Programs and browser attachments found to bundle with Ultimate PC Optimizer can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments found to bundle with Ultimate PC Optimizer can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Ultimate PC Optimizer bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Ultimate PC Optimizer is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as Cnet (download.com), Softonic, and others.
- Programs and browser attachments found to bundle with Ultimate PC Optimizer inject visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Ultimate PC Optimizer makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Ultimate PC Optimizer
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Ultimate PC Optimizer from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Ultimate PC Optimizer virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button to remove each one individually.
Step 2: Uninstall Ultimate PC Optimizer from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Ultimate PC Optimizer by ATSH Ltd (or Euro Trade Ltd) and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Remove Ultimate PC Optimizer virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.