TweakBit Driver Updater (by Auslogics Labs Pty Ltd – or other publisher) is a potentially unwanted program that is known to utilize very deceptive marketing tactics to get users to install the program with or without direct consent and knowledge. The unwanted program typically gets onto a computer system alongside other unwanted programs and adware like DNS Unlocker and WinZip Registry Optimizer. Once installed, the unwanted program will collect user data, perform misleading scans, bundle with programs that serve advertisements to the user in their web browser and Windows desktop, and bundle with programs that change existing internet browser settings, which essentially causes affected web browsers to start-up on and redirect to sponsored webpages. Once a computer has become infected with the “TweakBit Driver Updater virus” the program will edit Windows registry and make modifications to the computer system in order to run every time Windows starts. The process TweakBit Driver Updater.exe (and others) will remain active in Windows Task Manager and the file can enable itself if the process has been manually ended.
|Name(s)||TweakBit Driver Updater, TweakBit Driver Updater virus|
|Detection Categories||Scareware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Short Description||TweakBit Driver Updater is promoted as a free Windows driver updater.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||TweakBit Driver Updater bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
What is TweakBit Driver Updater?
TweakBit Driver Updater (by Auslogics Labs Pty Ltd) is promoted as a Windows driver updater. Driver updater programs are entirely useless as most programs, apps, and utilities automatically update themselves or notify computer users of updates.
TweakBit Driver Updater Removal Guide
TweakBit Driver Updater can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove TweakBit Driver Updater and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
- Step 1: Uninstall TweakBit Driver Updater from Windows
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
- Step 3: Remove TweakBit Driver Updater virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove TweakBit Driver Updater malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall TweakBit Driver Updater from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall TweakBit Driver Updater and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find TweakBit Driver Updater installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for TweakBit Driver Updater (by Auslogics Labs Pty Ltd) and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select TweakBit Driver Updater with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled TweakBit Driver Updater look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find unwanted attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for unwanted add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
Step 3: Remove TweakBit Driver Updater virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove TweakBit Driver Updater with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove TweakBit Driver Updater malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove TweakBit Driver Updater with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.