How to remove Tune Fanatic (Virus Removal Guide)
Tune Fanatic (also known as the Tune Fanatic virus or TuneFanatic) is the title of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and browser add-on and extension that is known to use deceptive and misleading marketing tactics to attach to affected internet browsers. Once the Tune Fanatic extension is installed, users have complained of pop-up advertisements. Furthermore, the Tune Fanatic extension that was developed for the Chromium browser has permissions set allowing it to perform tasks internet users may find undesirable.
Permissions set by the Tune Fanatic extension for Google Chrome allow the browser extension to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, manage your apps, extensions, and themes, and more.
What is Tune Fanatic?
TuneFanatic is the ultimate tool for music lovers. It brings all the latest music news straight to you. You will never miss a beat, when you have all of the latest and greatest from the music industry right in your browser. TuneFanatic offers you all the best from Music News, Reviews and Videos and much more.
With TuneFanatic you can find the top stories from your favorite genre of music, from Pop to Electronic, Hip-Hop to Country and everything in between.
How to remove Tune Fanatic (Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Remove Tune Fanatic add-on and extension
- Step 2: Uninstall unwanted software
- Step 3: Scan your computer for Tune Fanatic malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Tune Fanatic add-on and extension
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for Tune Fanatic and other unwanted extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for Tune Fanatic and other unwanted add-ons in the list and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall unwanted software
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for Tune Fanatic malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.