How to remove TrueDownloader (Virus Removal Guide)
This TrueDownloader removal guide provides steps to remove the TrueDownloader virus in order to get rid of ads by TrueDownloader on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as other potential malware and adware.
What is TrueDownloader?
TrueDownloader is freeware that is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by most internet security providers. This freeware is advertisement-supported, which means that it will generate advertisements while a user browses the internet after install. Furthermore, this program uses browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions that have permission to access, collect, and change user browser data and user browser settings.
Potential TrueDownloader malware accesses and collects user browser data such as a user’s complete browsing activities, bookmarks, and history. It uses this information for marketing purposes and to generate specific user targeted advertisements based on their internet habits and current viewed webpages.
This adware also causes concern because it primarily bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and possible malicious traces. That means if this program is installed and generating advertisements, other programs may have also been introduced during or after the installation period. Additional programs and malware can cause browser redirects, slower computer speeds, slower internet speeds, a loss of computer functionality, as well as be misleading, and more. Also, additional programs may violate a user’s basic civil liberties by acting suspicious and gathering anonymous or identifiable user data and using the data without direct user knowledge.
How to remove TrueDownloader (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or buy the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or buy the full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall TrueDownloader
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled TrueDownloader. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove TrueDownloader add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TrueDownloader extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the TrueDownloader add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the TrueDownloader add-on, click it, and click the Remove button if located. If the button does not appear you must initially uninstall associated programs via the Control Panel.