Troldesh virus is a term frequently used to describe a program and browser attachment that is detected by reputable security software as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. Troldesh adware is known to obtain access a to your PC without user knowledge, observe and collect a large amount of your user browsing data, and inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive advertisements. Troldesh ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by Troldesh are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
Troldesh adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but it is still a threat to your privacy or sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Troldesh if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any malicious files.
[fancy_box title=”Troldesh overview”]
- The Troldesh extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Troldesh extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Troldesh bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Troldesh is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Troldesh injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Troldesh makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Troldesh (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Troldesh with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Troldesh
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Troldesh with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Troldesh” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Troldesh we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Troldesh.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Troldesh
How to uninstall Troldesh
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Troldesh in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Troldesh to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Troldesh in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Troldesh below.[/note]
How to remove Troldesh add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Troldesh extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Troldesh add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Troldesh extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Troldesh in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Troldesh below.[/note]
Tips to remove Troldesh
- If you do not find Troldesh in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Troldesh you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411