TorrentsTime Media Player Description
TorrentsTime Media Player is an online streaming video player by Torrents Time that streams torrent video files in your web browser. TorrentsTime Media Player is usually promoted by websites that contain torrents like KickassTorrents and The Pirate Bay. Websites that promote TorrentsTime Media Player may utilize misleading and deceptive advertisements and content in order to essentially persuade users to install TorrentsTime Media Player.
Advertisements that promote TorrentsTime Media Player on torrenting websites may promote the program as something it is not. For example, the program may be promoted as a torrent file itself and not a program.
Some advertisements that promote this program are simply misleading but not unethical. For example, KickassTorrents has an advertisement for TorrentsTime Media Player that says “click here if the download doesn’t start automatically.” This advertisement does not say what is going to happen if you click on it. It just says “click here.”
If you click on the advertisement you will not be warned that TorrentsTime Media Player will automatically install onto your computer. Instead, only a new browser pop-up window in the existing window will appear. The new window will contain a streaming video of the torrent file after it buffers.
An issue reported by various sources is that TorrentsTime Media Player can display advertisements in your web browser. Many Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs recognize this program as adware and they will detect and remove TorrentsTime Media Player. Other reports suggest that TorrentsTime Media Player can spy on you.
If you intend to close TorrentsTime Media Player and your browser window the process ttservice (32 bit) will still run in the background. This can deplete system resources and cause your computer to become slow and sluggish. It will also affect your internet functionality and can make browsing the web slow.
TorrentsTime Media Player can be introduced to your computer by a different program that is downloaded by the user depending on the point of distribution. The most common way this happens is by downloading a program or file from a disreputable source. Downloading items like freeware, download managers and dubious torrent files will result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, downloading it from a malicious site will lead to infection.
If the user has previously downloaded a malicious program, TorrentsTime Media Player adware could have been downloaded in the background without permission of the user. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update. Malicious authors often hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances TorrentsTime Media Player may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
TorrentsTime Media Player Removal Details
|Name||TorrentsTime Media Player, TorrentsTime Media Player virus *This program is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)\TorrentsTime Media Player|
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove TorrentsTime Media Player (Virus Removal Guide)
This TorrentsTime Media Player removal guide will remove TorrentsTime Media Player, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer and browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall TorrentsTime Media Player and unwanted programs
- Remove TorrentsTime Media Player extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall TorrentsTime Media Player and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall TorrentsTime Media Player and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for TorrentsTime Media Player Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled TorrentsTime Media Player, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove TorrentsTime Media Player extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TorrentsTime Media Player extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the TorrentsTime Media Player add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the TorrentsTime Media Player add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the TorrentsTime Media Player extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.