How to remove TopFlix (Virus Removal Guide)
Ads by TopFlix appear when your computer has contracted adware. This type of adware may also bundle with or be promoted alongside other unwanted programs and malware. TopFlix adware utilizes deceptive marketing tactics in order to infiltrate a computer system. Once installed, TopFlix adware will generate pop-up ads, in-text ads, and advertisements that take up an entire browser window called pop-under advertisements.
Ads by TopFlix can be stopped using various methods. If your browser simply redirects to a TopFlix website it may not be an adware infection, but instead you may have visited a website that utilizes a questionable advertising platform. In this case, a free browser extension like AdBlock can be used to block TopFlix advertisements in real time. However, if your computer is infected with adware then a free browser extension will not be able to keep your information secure and you may fall victim to other serious threats.
If you find TopFlix adware on your computer is is likely that additional malware and unwanted programs have also been introduced. Like most adware, TopFlix is known to bundle with and install alongside other unwanted programs, adware, and potential threats. A simple scan with a reputable removal tool like Malwarebytes can conclude this finding.
|Names||TopFlix, TopFlix virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements and sponsored search results in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
TopFlix Removal Options
Manual Removal Guide
This manual TopFlix removal guide contains steps to help you completely remove TopFlix and other threats from your computer. In order to eradicate this threat please follow each step in order.
TopFlix Removal Steps
- Step 1: Uninstall TopFlix via Windows Control Panel
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove TopFlix and other threats with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove TopFlix and existing threats with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner
1. The first step to remove TopFlix is to uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel if there is a usable uninstall entry. To uninstall TopFlix go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (or Add and Remove Programs) and search for TopFlix and other suspicious programs in the list. Once you have found TopFlix, double click it to begin the uninstall process. Repeat this step for any other suspicious programs you may have found.
2. The second step to remove TopFlix is to remove any unwanted browser add-ons and extensions that may have installed from each web browser on your computer.
|Google Chrome||Go to Customize and control Google Chrome > More Tools > Extensions|
|Mozilla Firefox||Go to Menu > Add-ons|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||Go to Tools > Manage add-ons|
|Apple Safari||Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions|
3. The third step to remove TopFlix is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. Open Malwarebytes and click the large blue Scan Now button to begin a scan.
6. Once the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and Finish button afterwards. If Malwarebytes suggests that you restart your computer please do so.
7. The fourth step to remove TopFlix is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using HitmanPro; a reputable second-opinion scan and removal tool.
9. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button and then click the Reboot button. *To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. The fifth step to remove TopFlix is to clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner.
13. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
14. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
15. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.