How to remove Timestamp (Virus Removal Guide)
The Timestamp extension is a malicious browser attachment that reads and changes your data while you browse the web. The Timestamp extension will also replace your search settings with bvsearch.com and other websites. In turn, your browser will redirect to a new site when you open a new window, open a new tab, or search the web using the address bar.
The Timestamp extension for Google Chrome has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit and change your search settings to: bvsearch.com.
When you search the web your browser will redirect to bvsearch.com/tdv.php?q=[keyword] and then to search.yahoo.com.
The Timestamp extension uses very aggressive and unethical advertisements that force you to install it. First, the advertisement shows a message that says “To continue the work of your browser you should install the extension!” If you click Ok your screen will become black and an “Add Timestamp” message appears. The advertisement takes up the entire screen and will not allow you to navigate anywhere or close your browser window until you install the Timestamp extension.
One of the biggest concerns with the Timestamp extension is that it is often advertised on websites that display malicious advertisements and host malware. If you found the Timestamp extension attached to your browser or have visited a website that displays Timestamp advertisements, it is likely that your computer has become infected with other threats (such as MyStart Space and Search grab) that should be removed.
Timestamp removal steps
The Timestamp removal steps on this page will help you remove the Timestamp extension, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer.
STEP 1: Remove the browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Timestamp extension to remove it.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the Timestamp add-on to remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the Timestamp add-on with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the Timestamp extension to remove it.
STEP 2: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.