How to remove Tika-Search (Virus Removal Guide)
The Tika-Search virus (also known as the Tika Search virus, tika-search.com redirect virus) is a term used to identify a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) found in the browser hijacker and adware categories of computer infections and is additionally detected as, or bundles alongside spyware. According to user reports, http://www.tika-search.com may change existing internet browser settings of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox; causing unwanted browser redirects to tika-search.com and other websites by utilizing browser attachments and Windows software including browser add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions.
Once potential Tika-Search.com malware is installed on a computer, the user may notice a notification from Internet Explorer that says something similar to Tika-Search.com wants to track your physical location or that your homepage has become corrupt, as well as unwanted redirects, start-ups, new tab windows, and pop-up advertisements.
The hijacker program may observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements. This software may also potentially submit user information to third-party contractors, in turn causing unwanted email spam and communications.
If the Tika Search browser hijacker is installed, a user may additionally notice advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab. These are called pop-under advertisements. Other advertisements displayed by this program and associated parties include banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyperlinked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer.
This infection will also change the homepages, browser shortcuts, new tabs, and search engines of Chrome, Firefox, and IE. This causes internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to www.tika-search.com and yahoo.com. Advertisements on this website may also initiate automatic downloads.
The Tika-Search.com hijacker primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Tika Search software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove Tika-Search virus
- Option 1: Tika-Search.com Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Tika-Search.com malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Tika-Search.com – This second option details how to manually uninstall Tika-Search.com , remove unwanted browser attachments, change your default search engine, and fix your homepage.
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Tika-Search.com Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Tika-Search.com and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Tika-Search.com adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall software that promotes Tika-Search.com and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Tika-Search.com, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Tika-Search.com
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Tika-Search.com adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Tika-Search.com
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for potentially unwanted software. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Tika-Search.com add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Tika-Search.com add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Tika-Search extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Tika-Search add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Tika-Search add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Tika-Search.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Tika-Search search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Tika-Search search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Tika-Search search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.tika-search.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove Tika-Search.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Tika-Search.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Tika-Search.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Tika-Search.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.