How to remove Theater-Max (Virus Removal)
Theater-Max virus is terminology for a deceptive potentially unwanted program (PUP) that raises many concerns for computer users. Most infected with the Theater-Max PUP will experience a decrease in computer and internet performance, as well as pop-up ads by Theater-Max across multiple internet browsers. Essentially detected as adware by reputable security programs, Theater-Max is known to access, collect, and modify user browsing data and internet browser settings. This allows the program to distribute advertisements it feels internet users will be most likely to click on.
What makes matters worse is that potential Theater-Max malware is never contracted as a standalone item. This means that if you notice ads by Theater-Max while browsing the web, it is likely that other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious traces have been introduced to the computer system. Additional items may cause entirely different actions to occur and may be considered more threatening than common adware. Additional items may be presented as generic software and programs, as well as browser add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and browser extensions. In order to stop all unwanted activities from occurring it may be necessary to remove additional items.
This adware is often referred to as the “Theater-Max virus,” although this potentially unwanted program is not technically defined as a computer virus However, as previously mentioned, the adware shares many of the same characteristics as computer viruses and can bundle with, or is promoted alongside malicious programs and parasites that can cause further complications aside from ads by Theater-Max.
How to remove Theater-Max virus
This Theater-Max removal guide will help you remove Theater-Max virus, potentially unwanted programs, malware, and ads by Theater-Max on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Theater-Max
- Step 4: Remove Theater-Max browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Theater-Max. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Theater-Max using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Theater-Max
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Theater-Max. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove Theater-Max browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Theater-Max extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.