How to remove The Sea App (Virus Removal Guide)
This The Sea App removal guide provides steps to remove the The Sea App virus to get rid of ads by The Sea App on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as to remove associated malware and adware.
What is The Sea App?
The Sea App is not likely an application you want to ‘see’ on your computer. This program and associated browser add-ons and extensions are potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in the adware category of computer threats that may violate a user’s privacy by accessing their information for marketing purposes, including email promotions and targeted advertisements.
If you see ads by The Sea App while browsing the internet it is because the program and associated programs have been contracted. This often happens without user consent or knowledge, because really.. Who wants to be bombarded with questionable and possibly malicious advertisements that can decrease computing and browser performance, functionality, and overall speeds?
The Sea App and associated programs will usually obtain permissions to access, collect, control, and change user browser activities, user browsing data, and internet browser settings. Information and settings include browser activities, bookmarks, history, browser shortcuts, homepages, search engines, and more.
User browser data is often used to generate tailored advertisements but it may also be shared with third-parties and used for dishonest email promotions and other marketing procedures. If this program is installed users can receive a massive amount of email spam, junk mail at home, and even telephone calls from dubious callers and telemarketers.
Furthermore, this program might be the least of a computer users worries because it very frequently will bundle with other unwanted programs, malware, and suspicious browser attachments that can create additional issues on-top of privacy invading targeted advertisements and promotions.
How to remove The Sea App (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall The Sea App
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled The Sea App. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove The Sea App add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the The Sea App extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the The Sea App add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the The Sea App add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.