How to remove tabSent (Virus Removal Guide)
tabSent (also known as the tabSent virus or tabSent new tab) is a potential unwanted program and browser extension that serves pop-up advertisements and causes browser redirects to sponsored webpages on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. tabSent is known to use deceptive marketing practices and is promoted through dubious advertising platforms.
What is tabSent?
Publisher Description: Quick links to popular websites and search with Yahoo directly from the New Tab page via tabSent.com website. The tabSent addon sets tabSent.com website as the new tab page for your browser. tabSent offers you an easy access to the most popular web sites in the web, in just one click. You can also search the web using the integrated search box of tabSent which perform search in the popular Yahoo search engine.
- tabSent may bundle with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including UniDeals.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with tabSent can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with tabSent can read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with tabSent can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with tabSent can manage your downloads.
How does tabSent get on a computer?
The tabSent virus is usually contracted without user knowledge alongside free downloadable content, such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. In many cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install this program; However, the offer to decline the program from installing can be ignored or presented in a deceptive manner by the program. In some cases the tabSent extension is promoted through advertisements that trick users into believing it is a necessary program.
tabSent can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded and installed from a variety of sources.
How to remove tabSent
- Step 1: Remove tabSent add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall tabSent
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove tabSent add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the tabSent extension and other suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the tabSent add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall tabSent
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for tabSent and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.