System Optimizer Pro
System Optimizer Pro is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) published by 383 Media Inc. for Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8. System Optimizer Pro is found in the scareware category of computer infections. This program is promoted as a free download and scanner that will allegedly monitor a computer system, self-update, and detect and repair/remove errors on a computer system in order to increase computer performance and speed; However, the software must be registered in order to repair issues allegedly detected by the program, which means a user must purchase System Optimizer Pro to use all of it’s features.
Once potential System Optimizer Pro malware is installed, the program will begin to perform a scan for system errors, DLL and Active X errors, startup errors, and junk files. In turn the scan results shown by System Optimizer Pro will often claim that hundreds of errors were found on the computer.
The System Optimization software will then suggest that the user fix the errors in order to “speed up your PC with System Optimizer Pro” by displaying a pop-up notification. This notification may also claim that a computer’s damage level is in “Critical” condition in order to aggressively persuade users to purchase a registration key for the potentially non-beneficial software.
Users have claimed that potential System Optimizer Pro malware may display misleading scan results in order to turn users into customers. This program generates income via third-party installers, via a 24/7 hotline (1-800-798-8205 or other), and other methods.
Some users have also claimed that System Optimizer Pro installed without their consent and that the program is difficult to uninstall. After removing System Optimizer software, users have claimed that they have noticed unwanted pop-up messages and windows associated with the software and it’s affiliates.
How does the System Optimizer Pro virus get onto a computer?
System Optimizer Pro can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of online locations; However, users have claimed that the software installed without their consent.
This program is often contracted via third-party advertisements and relative online content promoted by media related websites such as thepiratebay.se, and also bundles with third-party freeware and shareware promoted by websites such as download.com.
Users are sometimes given the option to accept or decline an offer to install this program during the installation and setup process of third-party software. In some cases, the program may be promoted in a confusing manner or the download manager may ignore the request to decline the installation of System Optimizer Pro and other items and this program will accidentally download and install.
How to remove System Optimizer Pro
- Automatically remove System Optimizer Pro – Automatically remove System Optimizer Pro using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and CCleaner by Piriform
- Manually remove System Optimizer Pro – Manually remove and uninstall System Optimizer Pro and third-party malware
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic System Optimizer Pro removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove System Optimizer Pro scareware and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue System Optimizer Pro software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “System Optimizer Pro or Search Protect.”
4. To automatically uninstall System Optimizer Pro and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual System Optimizer Pro removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall System Optimizer Pro software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall System Optimizer Pro
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel. *If you are using Windows 8, right click the bottom left of Windows Desktop to access the Start Menu.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for System Optimizer Pro (Publisher: 383 Media, Inc.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
4. Reboot your computer in order to complete the removal process.