Swift Media Converter (also found as Swift Media Converter virus or SwiftMediaConverter) is an ad-supported potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is known to infiltrate a computer system alongside other potential threats without your consent or knowledge. Once Swift Media Converter has entered your computer it will create new tasks, access and gather user browsing data, transform existing internet browser settings (including the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut), and will ultimately inject the webpages you visit with intrusive ‘targeted’ advertisements.
Potential Swift Media Converter malware is additionally detected as adware by reputable Antivirus engines. It is known to generate deceptive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari while you browse the web. The ads it displays are ‘targeted’ ads because they use your browsing information, such as your browser history and bookmarks to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits and experiences.
Potential Swift Media Converter malware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Swift Media Converter if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
What is Swift Media Converter?
Swift Media Converter is promoted as a free media converter program for Microsoft Windows. It claims to convert audio and video files. However, the program does not properly detail that it is entirely advertisement supported and will bombard you with intrusive and possibly malicious advertisements while you browse the web.
[fancy_box title=”Swift Media Converter overview”]
- Swift Media Converter bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Swift Media Converter is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Swift Media Converter injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Swift Media Converter makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
Swift Media Converter (Virus Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Swift Media Converter virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Swift Media Converter
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Swift Media Converter virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Swift Media Converter” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Swift Media Converter we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Swift Media Converter.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Swift Media Converter
How to uninstall SwiftMediaConverter
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for SwiftMediaConverter in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Swift Media Converter to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Swift Media Converter in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Swift Media Converter below.[/note]
How to remove Swift Media Converter add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Swift Media Converter extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Swift Media Converter add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Swift Media Converter extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Swift Media Converter in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Swift Media Converter below.[/note]
Tips to remove Swift Media Converter
- If you do not find Swift Media Converter in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Swift Media Converter you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411