How to remove SushiLeads (Removal Guide)
SushiLeads (SushiLeads virus, Sushi Leads) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) also found in the adware category of computer threats. It is similar to other adware applications and ad-serving programs including Donut Leads and PastaQuotes. Once SushiLeads adware has been contracted onto your PC it will access your personal user browsing data and utilize the data to serve advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on based off of your currently viewed webpage, browser history, contents of your bookmarks, web searches, and more.
As you see SushiLeads is very intrusive. It generates “targeted” advertisements, which requires the adware to obtain access to personal browsing data. SushiLeads ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by SushiLeads are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
SushiLeads adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but it is still a serious threat to your privacy or the initial sign of a severe malware infection. Aside from being an intrusive piece of adware that may violate your privacy it bundles with other unwanted programs and malicious software. Additional threats will cause other issues for computer users.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove SushiLeads if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension. Also, use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any malicious files that can remain hidden on your computer system.
[fancy_box title=”SushiLeads overview”]
- The SushiLeads extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The SushiLeads extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- SushiLeads bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- SushiLeads is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- SushiLeads injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- SushiLeads makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove SushiLeads (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
Option 1: Automatically remove SushiLeads with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “SushiLeads” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing SushiLeads we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove SushiLeads.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove SushiLeads
How to uninstall SushiLeads
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for SushiLeads in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click SushiLeads to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find SushiLeads in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove SushiLeads below.[/note]
How to remove SushiLeads add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SushiLeads extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the SushiLeads add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the SushiLeads extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find SushiLeads in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove SushiLeads below.[/note]
Tips to remove SushiLeads
- If you do not find SushiLeads in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing SushiLeads you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.