How to remove Surf Safely (Virus Removal Guide)
This Surf Safely removal guide provides steps to remove the Surf Safely virus in order to get rid of ads by Surf Safely on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as other potential malware and adware.
What is Surf Safely?
Surf Safely adware is generically picked up as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by most reputable computer and internet security vendors. This adware is designed to snoop user browsing activities, including bookmarks, history, and more in order to service targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers and other marketing purposes.
Once installed, the adware will use browser attachments to access and collect user browsing data. The data can be transmitted to third-parties and used to generate pop-up advertisements. Some users may notice an increase in email spam and junk mail at home during adware infestations.
How to remove Surf Safely (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while following removing this adware and other unwanted programs. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version(Malwarebytes Premium) enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer at a low cost, while the free version is only a scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes is open (if a scan or update has not automatically initiated) click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete and results are shown, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after the scan is complete.
6. Your computer should be clear of any threats; However, you can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner is an Optimization program that can be used to automatically repair corrupted internet browser.CCleaner can be used to fix system startup up settings, browser settings, remove add-ons and extensions, uninstall unwanted software, and more.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once CCleaner is installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Once the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface to fix the analyzed files.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional program suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. Finally, to automatically uninstall unwanted software on your computer with CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the unwanted program in the list. Select the program in the list with your pointer and click the Run Uninstaller button. This should automatically take care of many unwanted issues on your computer system and affected internet browsers.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall Surf Safely
1. Open Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner of the screen to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu and select Programs and Features to go straight to the uninstaller).
2. In the Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program located in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled Surf Safely, as well as any other unwanted programs you will need to uninstall afterwards. A good way to do this is to click Installed On on the small toolbar to arrange the programs by install date. Once the first unwanted program is located, double click it – or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove Surf Safely add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Surf Safely extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon associated with it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Surf Safely add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Surf Safely add-on and select it in the list. If a Remove button appears you will be able to simply remove this add-on by clicking the Remove button. *If only a “Disable” button appears, click it; However, you will need to locate and uninstall unwanted software from your operating system before it can be completely removed.