How to remove Support TW (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Support TW?
Support TW is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) also known as Support TW 1.1 that usually installs alongside associated adware and advertisement-supported programs, such as TinyWallet adware and similar objects. What makes Support TW 1.1 (or similar title) stand out is that it may also bundle with dangerous malware and trojan horses that will need to be removed in order to stop unwanted activities from occurring.
The most apparent activity introduced by potential Support TW malware are unwanted advertisements that appear across multiple internet browsers. Advertisements may even appear after Support TW is uninstalled and other adware is manually removed. That is why we have designed this Support TW removal guide to completely get rid of ads by this particular adware and associated programs, as well as other unwanted programs and malicious threats. In most cases we were able to completely stop all unwanted activities using a combination of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and CCleaner while also manually uninstalling unwanted programs and removing unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from affected internet browsers.
How to remove Support TW (Removal Guide)
This Support TW removal guide provides steps to remove the Support TW virus to get rid of ads by Support TW 1.1 on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as to remove associated malware and adware such as TinyWallet.
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Support TW using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Manually uninstall Support TW
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled Support TW (Support TW 1.1). Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. It may be necessary to uninstall additional programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Manually remove browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Support TW extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Support TW add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Support TW add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.