How to remove Super PC Tools (Virus Removal)
Super PC Tools (SuperPCTools, Super PC Tools virus, Super PC Tools ltd) is the name of a publisher that creates questionable computer software for machines running the Microsoft Windows operating system. Software published by Super PC Tools includes a cleaning and optimization program titled Super Optimizer and others. Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs detect software published by Super PC Tools as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and malware in the scareware category of computer threats. Most security analysts claim that Super PC Tools software is non-beneficial and adds no value to a computer system. They also state that this program will cause harm to a computer system.
The publisher and programs it develops are sometimes referred to as the Super PC Tools virus; However, Super PC Tools and it’s products are not technically defined as a computer virus, but they still are a risk and the sign of a serious computer infection.
This program is usually never downloads alone onto a computer system. Super PC Tools is known to bundle with other unwanted programs, malware, trojan horses, and other malicious threats. This means that computer users will need to uninstall multiple programs, remove multiple browser attachments, and eradicate malicious files to stop all unwanted activities from occurring.
Unwanted programs that potential Super PC Tools malware bundles with include adware and browser hijackers that can change internet browser settings, access and collect user browsing data (such as personal information manually submitted into online forms, bookmarks, and browser history) cause browser redirects, and serve pop-up advertisements.
Browser attachments that may bundle with this publisher’s programs have ‘permissions’ set allowing them to perform tasks users may find undesirable.
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
Third-party programs sometimes include potential Super PC Tools malware with their freeware in order to monetize their free product. Affiliates may be able to generate revenue every time they get users to install software published by Super PC Tools. These users may be asked to accept or decline an offer to install Super PC Tools and other items during the installation process of third-party freeware. In many cases, the user request to decline the product from installing is ignored by the third-party freeware and Super PC Tools will install without user consent. In other cases, the option to decline the program(s) from installing is presented in a confusing and the user may accidentally install Super PC Tools software and other items.
How to remove Super PC Tools (Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Super PC Tools
- Step 3: Remove Super PC Tools malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall Super PC Tools
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for software published by Super PC Tools and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Remove Super PC Tools malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.