Ads by Super Great (also searched for as Super Great virus) are caused by multiple adware type programs and plugins. These programs produce sintrusive advertisements which usually say Ads by Super Great or brought by Super Great on them. Super Great ads can arrive across multiple internet browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari.
- What is Super Great?
- How to uninstall Super Great
- How to remove Super Great with Malwarebytes
- Super Great removal tips
What is Super Great?
Super Great adware is typically promoted as a free web shopping utility and browser extension that can help you find coupons, deals, and discounts for the products you view and search for online.
Super Great adware is known to be intrusive. It displays ‘targeted’ style advertisements in order to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on based off of your browsing habits. In order to produce ‘targeted’ style ads the adware will obtain access to your personal browsing data including your browser history, your bookmarks, application data, and much more.
Super Great adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Super Great if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Super Great and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Super Great is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Super Great adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
- Super Great adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Super Great adware is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Super Great adware injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Super Great adware changes existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
How to uninstall Super Great
1. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Super Great in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Super Great to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Super Great in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Super Great extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Super Great add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Super Great extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Super Great with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Super Great removal tips
- If you do not find Super Great in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Super Great you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.