How to stop supdater.com referrals in Google Analytics
Supdater.com is a referrer spam URL that is hosted alongside other referrer spam URLs such as 4webmasters.org, ranksonic.org, and seo-platform.com. All of these referrer spam URLs are owned by notorious referrer spammer Ranksonic.com. Supdater.com referrer spam is designed to fill up your Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic in order to promote the website, boost it’s rank, and essentially provoke you to visit it or search for it online.
Supdater.com referrer spam can ruin your website’s appropriate analytical data measured by Google Analytics. It can negatively affect all Audience, Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversions reports by mixing in fraudulent web data. For example, supdater.com referrals can affect your bounce rate because the spam URL usually appears to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage. This will create a 100% bounce rate. Referrer spam URLs can also hit your website with multiple requests which can mean your website might acquire a 100% bounce rate at least 100 times per day if you have received 100 referrers from the spam URL.
Supdater.com referrals can also appear from different global locations and for a different duration of time each time it lands on your website. If you value your website’s appropriate analytical data you will want to block supdater.com referrals in Google Analytics by creating a simple exclude filter that targets the campaign source of the supdater.com filter pattern. This is explained below and it’s very simple to create.
Referrer spammers in general target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Supdater.com referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block supdater.com
This guide shows you how to block supdater.com referrals in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that stops supdater.com referrer spam at the campaign source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add supdater.com or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add supdater.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | example.com | supdater.com