Stop teedle.co referral spam in Google Analytics
Teedle.co is a a deceptive referrer spam URL that sends fraudulent referral traffic to your Google Analytics account. Unlike bots and spiders teedle.co referral traffic never actually lands on your website. It is a type of referral traffic known as ghost traffic. Teedle.co referral traffic simply targets your Google Analytics ID and fills your website’s analytical data with fraudulent web traffic in order to aggressively promote the website.
Teedle.co referrer spam and referrer spam from other well known spam URLs such as googlemare.com is a real issue and hot topic of discussion for many bloggers, webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Unwanted teedle.co referrals and referrer spam in general can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URLs usually appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage. This will create a 100% bounce rate and if the spam URLs hit your website multiple times per day it can get out-of-hand (not literally). This is not the only Google Analytics data that teedle.co referrals can ruin. It can essentially mix deceptive data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, Conversions, and Behavior reports.
What is teedle.co?
Teedle.co is a very deceptive and untrustworthy website. The website contains various misleading marketing tactics and advertisements in order to get you to purchase a personalized t-shirt or sweatshirt. The website does not contain a contact page. The contact page simply referrers back to the homepage. You will not get a free shirt from this website so avoid it at all costs.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
How to block teedle.co referrals
This guide shows you how to block teedle.co referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop teedle.co referral traffic at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add teedle.co or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add teedle.co and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | teedle.co