What is ownshop.cf?
Ownshop.cf is a referrer spam url path that spams your Google Analytics data with fake referral traffic. The reason why you see ownshop.cf referral traffic mixed into your Google Analytics data is to obtain your attention and persuade you to visit the URL in your browser. If you visit the ownshop.cf in your browser you will be forwarded to https://www.salehoo.com/. Salehoo.com is a wholesale supplier that uses this spam tactic in order to acquire customers.
If your Google Analytics account is targeted by ownshop.cf referrer spam you will notice unusual web traffic from the website. However, web traffic was not actually referred to your website from ownshop.cf. In fact, ownshop.cf referrers do not actually land on your website. They do not step foot on your server. It is a type of web traffic commonly referred to as ghost traffic.
Is ownshop.cf referral spam harmful?
Ownshop.cf referral spam is not harmful to your website and it will not affect your rank in Google Search Results Pages; However, ownshop.cf referrer spam can ruin the data collected in your Google Analytics reports if you do not block it from targeting your account. For example, if ownshop.cf referrals appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same website it will create a 100% bounce rate. If your website is targeted by referrer spammers you may not be able to identify your website’s bounce rate. The same can be said about other data measured in most Google Analytics reports.
As previously mentioned, ownshop.cf referral traffic does not actually land on your website. This web traffic only targets your Google Analytics account with fraudulent data. This means that it cannot affect things like your website’s bandwidth and it will not be able to create backlinks off your website’s access logs like other referrer spam can.
How to stop ownshop.cf referral spam
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab. Click All Filters on the left side.
2. Click the + ADD FILTER button to create a new filter.
3. Add ownshop.cf or something else that you can remember as the Filter Name. If you plan to add more spam URLs to the list you can name the list something like “Referrer Spam Filter.”
4. Select the Custom Filter Type from the two options.
5. In Filter Field Field select Campaign Source.
6. In the Filter Pattern box, add ownshop.cf and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | example.com | ownshop.cf
What you should not do
Botcrawl.com is the only legitimate website that contains instructions about how to block and stop referrer spam in Google Analytics. Because of this it is strongly suggested to avoid other “how-to” websites that contain instructions detailing how to block referrer spam.
- Other websites want to sell you an unnecessary Google Analytics service and obtain access to your Google Analytics account. They will provide you with false information in order to persuade you to purchase their non-beneficial services.
- Some websites that may contain information about referrer spam promote rogue software and contain malicious links that will install malicious programs onto your computer.
- Other websites are associated with referrer spam and may be the culprit of the referrer spam.
ownshop.cf WHOIS information
Domain name: OWNSHOP.CF Organisation: Centrafrique TLD B.V. Dot CF administrator P.O. Box 11774 1001 GT Amsterdam Netherlands Phone: +31 20 5315725 Fax: +31 20 5315721 E-mail: abuse: , copyright infringement: Domain Nameservers: NS9.LINUXPL.COM DNS9.LINUXPL.COM