If you notice nufaq.com referral traffic mixed into your Google Analytics data do not be alarmed. Nufaq.com is a referrer spam URL that targets your Google Analytics account with deceptive referral traffic. The domain name usually has a provocative string attached to it such as website-stealer.nufaq.com in order to bait you to visit the website. The URL with the string attached to it will forward to the nufaq.com website.
Nufaq.com referral traffic is designed to mix useless data into your website’s Google Analytics data in order to acquire your attention. The URL may provoke you to visit the website or search for it online.
Nufaq.com referrer spam and referrer spam in general from other URLs such as googlemare.com is a big problem for many webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Unwanted nufaq.com referral traffic can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URL usually appears to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which interfere with your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that nufaq.com referral spam can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports.
Fortunately, we have created a guide to block nufaq.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that targets the Campaign Source. This will stop nufaq.com referral spam from interfering with your data measured by Google Analytics.
What is Nufaq.com?
Nufaq.com is an untrustworthy referrer spam URL that targets your Google Analytics data with deceptive and eye-catching referral traffic. The URL may make it seem like you may have stolen content from another website or that another entity is attempting to steal your website with the website-stealer string attached to the domain name. However, the URL string is simply designed to cause FUD, or anxiety, shock, and fear which will provoke you to visit the website and search for it online.
Nufaq.com referrer spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Nufaq.com referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to stop Nufaq.com referral spam in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to stop nufaq.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to block nufaq.com referral traffic at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Nufaq.com or the URL or something you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add nufaq.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | example.com | nufaq.com | hdmoviecamera.net