Stop kiwe-analytics.com referral spam in Google Analytics
Kiwe-analytics.com is the web address for one of the latest referrer spam websites that targets your Google Analytics data with ghost traffic. Ghost traffic from kiwe-analytics.com doesn’t actually land on your website, but it leaves a trail of meaningless data in your Google Analytics account which might make it appear like your website is getting an increase in kiwe-analytics.com referral traffic.
Kiwe-analytics.com enagages in the referrer spamming tactic in order to promote the website. The way it works is that you will find suspicious kiwe-analytics.com referral traffic in Google Analytics which may provoke you to visit the website and possibly sign up for their services. It should be noted that referrer spam is a blackhat SEO tactic and websites that engage in this tactic are desperate and usually untrustworthy. We do not recommend the services provided by kiwe-analytics.com and their affiliates.
Kiwe-analytics.com referrer spam is a problem for many webmasters and website owners. Kiwe-analytics.com referral traffic can ruin your website’s analytical data with phantom traffic. For example, the URL usually makes it look like it landed on a single webpage on your website and left from the same webpage which can mess up your bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that kiwe-analytics.com referral spam can ruin. It can essentially disrupt everything reported in the Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior sections.
Luckily, we have created a guide to block and stop kiwe-analytics.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that targets the Campaign Source. This will stop kiwe-analytics.com referrals from ruining your data measured by Google Analytics.
What is Kiwe-analytics.com?
Kiwe-analytics.com claims to be “an innovative solution for audience analysis and controlling the advertisements’ performance.” It claims to be a service similar to Google Analytics – but not free to use. The kiwe-analytics.com domain name is used to hit your website with referral traffic from different locations around the world. The benefits that spammers from the website have by engaging in referrer spamming is that it will allow them advertise the website.
The downside to unwanted www.kiwe-analytics.com referral traffic for website owners is that it can mess up the appropriate Google Analytics data and other website metrics provided by third-party services. In some cases it can also use up your website’s bandwidth by creating repeated site requests. However, this is not the case with this URL since it primarily generates ghost hits that do not actually land on your website.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Kiwe-analytics.com referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to stop Kiwe-analytics.com referral spam in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to stop kiwe-analytics.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to block kiwe-analytics.com referrers.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Kiwe-analytics.com or the URL or something you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add kiwe-analytics.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | example.com | kiwe-analytics.com