How to remove Square Corner (Virus Removal Guide)
Square Corner virus
Square Corner virus (SquareCorner) is a term frequently misused to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. Once Square Corner adware has installed it will access and collect your user browsing data such as all activities, browser history, and bookmarks, and ultimately inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive advertisements. Square Corner ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by Square Corner are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
Square Corner adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but the deceptive adware is still a threat or sign of a severe malware infestation. To protect your privacy and your PC the professional internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Square Corner if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any malicious files.
[fancy_box title=”Square Corner overview”]
- The Square Corner extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Square Corner extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Square Corner bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Square Corner is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Square Corner injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Square Corner makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Square Corner (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Square Corner with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Square Corner
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Square Corner with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “Square Corner” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Square Corner we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Square Corner.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Square Corner
How to uninstall Square Corner
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Square Corner in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Square Corner to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Square Corner in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Square Corner below.[/note]
How to remove Square Corner add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Square Corner extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Square Corner add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Square Corner extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Square Corner in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Square Corner below.[/note]
Tips to remove Square Corner
- If you do not find Square Corner in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Square Corner you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411