How to remove Spyware (Removal Guide)
What is Spyware?
Spyware is software, browser applications, or computer files that access, observe, and gather computer and internet activity about a person or organization without their consent or knowledge. Spyware can submit such information to another entity without the victims’s consent or assert control over a computer without the victim’s knowledge.
Spyware is mostly classified into four types of basic threats, including system monitors, trojans, adware, and tracking cookies. Spyware is primarily used for the purposes of tracking and storing Internet users’ movements on the internet and targeting internet users with pop-up advertisements and spam email messages, but may also result in junk mail at home and unwanted phone calls from telemarketers or other individuals.
There are many websites that are dedicated to spyware and the removal process of malicious programs; However, most of these websites are known to con or scam victim’s into purchasing unnecessary and obsolete software in order to obtain a commission. Often these websites will bundle spyware with the software they provide.
There are many ways to contract a spyware infection, but the majority of spyware is installed without a users’ knowledge or consent by using deceptive marketing tactics and techniques. Spyware may try to deceive users by bundling itself with desirable software and files, including freeware, shareware, and other downloadable content such as torrents.
How to remove Spyware
This spyware removal guide will help you completely remove spyware, unwanted programs, and malware from your computer and affected internet browsers in order to stop spyware from accessing your personal data.
- Step 1: Scan your computer and remove spyware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall unwanted programs
- Step 4: Remove unwanted browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer and remove spyware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing spyware from your computer. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can additionally chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs associated with spyware using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall unwanted programs
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for unwanted and suspicious programs that may be associated with spyware. Once an unwanted programs is located, double click it or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove the program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove unwanted browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the unwanted add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.