How to remove SpunchTV (Virus Removal Guide)
Remove the SpunchTV virus and Spunch.TV Premium add-on and extension to get rid of unwanted ads with this free SpunchTV removal guide for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
The SpunchTV virus (also known as Spunch.TV Premium or Spunch TV virus) is a term used to identify an advertisement-supported browser add-on and extension for multiple internet browsers found in the adware category of computer threats. Once this application is installed and attached to affected internet browsers it will begin to infiltrate a user’s browsing data and native applications for marketing purposes.
Information collected by potential SpunchTV malware and associated programs, as well as websites may contain identifiable and anonymous user data, including browser activities, bookmarks, and history. This information is then used to specifically create targeted advertisements that the program serves the internet users.
The SPUNCH.TV Premium extension for Google Chrome has permissions set that allow it to read and and change all your data on the websites you visit and communicate with cooperating native applications.
Once installed, users may notice a wide selection of pop-up advertisements and toolbars when a browser window is open. Most advertisements contain text that says “Powered by SpunchTV” or “Ads by SpunchTV.” Furthermore this application can generate pop-under advertisements, unwanted browser redirects, and internet search toolbars and coupon-dropdown/Best offers toolbars that appear at the top of an open browser window.
The SpunchTV virus (although not technically a computer virus) is often contracted through advertisements displayed on media related websites, including websites that claim an upgrade is needed to view videos in high definition. Users may suspect that the Spunch.TV Premium add-on is safe to use but will quickly realize that this program will cause a variety of issues after install and will provide targeted ads to it’s users.
How to remove SpunchTV (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall SpunchTV
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled SPUNCH.TV Premium (or similar). Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove SpunchTV add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SPUNCH.TV Premium extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SPUNCH.TV Premium add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SPUNCH.TV Premium add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.