Speedial virus (Speeddial virus)
The SpeeDial virus (also known as the speedial.com redirect virus, Spee Dial virus, speeddial virus, etc.) is a term used to identify a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and potential malware found in the browser hijacker and adware categories of computer infections . SpeeDial software is additionally detected as, or bundles alongside spyware. According to user reports, the SpeeDial virus may change existing internet browser settings of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox; causing unwanted browser redirects to speedial.com and other websites by utilizing browser attachments and Windows software including the browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension titled Speedial Toolbar.
Speedial changes existing internet browser settings including the homepage, browser shortcut, new tab, and internal search engine. This causes internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to Speedial.com and yahoo.com.
When a browser is booted or new browser tab/window is manually opened by the computer user, the affected internet browser may redirect to a website without a URL address; However, containing a logo that says speedDial. A user may also redirect to speedial.com or other websites, including search.yahoo.com.
The Speedial hijacker and associated software may observe and collect user information including data users manually submit online while the software is installed. This information is used to display targeted advertisements and may be distributed to third-party contractors.
The Speedial Google Chrome extension has permission to access your data on all websites, read and modify your bookmarks, read and modify your browsing history, access your tabs and browsing activity, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
Users may additionally notice advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab. These are called pop-under advertisements. Other advertisements displayed by this program and associated parties include banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyperlinked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer.
The SpeeDial.com hijacker primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Speedial Search software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove SpeeDial virus
- Option 1: SpeeDial Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove potential SpeeDial malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove SpeeDial – This second option details how to manually uninstall SpeeDial, remove unwanted browser attachments, change your default search engine, and fix your homepage.
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. SpeeDial Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SpeeDial.com and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall SpeeDial.com adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall software that promotes SpeeDial and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for SpeeDial.com, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove SpeeDial
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall SpeeDial from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall SpeeDial
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for a program titled Speedial. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Speedial add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove SpeeDial.com add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SpeeDial extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SpeeDial add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SpeeDial add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove SpeeDial.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove SpeeDial search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove SpeeDial search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to SpeeDial search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.speedial.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it (image below).
How to remove SpeeDial.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove SpeeDial.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove SpeeDial.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove SpeeDial.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL. Next, visit the Appearance section and remove the unwanted URL (shown in the image below).