How to remove SongLyrics (Virus Removal Guide)
SongLyrics virus is a term used to describe a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that usually accesses a PC without user knowledge. Once it has been installed it will collect user browsing data and use the data to inject the webpages you visit online with deceptive and intrusive advertisements based off your browsing habits. SongLyrics ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by SongLyrics are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove SongLyrics if you find it installed onto your computer system or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension.
SongLyrics is promoted as freeware that will show internet users the lyrics to songs they view online. It claims to generate lyrics to songs if the user views online music videos, including YouTube videos.
[fancy_box title=”SongLyrics overview”]
- The SongLyrics extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The SongLyrics extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- SongLyrics bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- SongLyrics is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- SongLyrics injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- SongLyrics makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove SongLyrics (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove SongLyrics with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove SongLyrics
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove SongLyrics with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “SongLyrics” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing SongLyrics we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove SongLyrics.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove SongLyrics
How to uninstall SongLyrics
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for SongLyrics in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click SongLyrics to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find SongLyrics in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove SongLyrics below.[/note]
How to remove SongLyrics add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SongLyrics extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the SongLyrics add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the SongLyrics extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find SongLyrics in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove SongLyrics below.[/note]
Tips to remove SongLyrics
- If you do not find SongLyrics in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing SongLyrics you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411