What is Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter?
Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter (by DreamVideoSoft Inc.) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) you most likely don’t want to find on your computer. This advertisement-supported program is usually available for free accidentally download due to being promoted through dubious advertisements and aggressive marketing campaigns. Once Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter is installed, it will use browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions to access user browsing data for marketing purposes.
Most users are unaware as to how Solid YouTube Downloader installed onto their computers. This is because the adware participates in aggressive marketing campaigns that may automatically install the program without acquiring permission from the user. It can be found in questionable advertisements and alongside other free items. Furthermore, if potential Solid YouTube Downloader malware is installed, it is not alone. This adware will always download alongside other unwanted programs, malware, and additional threats that will also need to be removed.
Solid YouTube Downloader can cause a computer and browser to lose performance and functionality. It can often make the internet browsing experience slow and choppy. Aside from these apparent symptoms, the Solid YouTube Downloader virus (although not technically a computer virus) can access and collect user browsing data in order to generate targeted advertisements and cause other privacy related issues.
Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter is often promoted as a free object used to download and convert videos from YouTube but may not clearly disclose it’s permissions or the terms of associated programs that it may bundle with.
How to remove Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter (Virus Removal Guide)
This Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter removal guide provides steps to remove the Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter virus to get rid of ads by Solid YouTube Downloader on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as to remove associated malware and adware.
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Manually uninstall Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter by DreamVideoSoft Inc. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. It may be necessary to uninstall additional programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Manually remove browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Solid YouTube Downloader and Converter add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.