How to remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant (Virus Removal Guide)
SoftPlanet Software Assistant is a very suspicious program that may be considered a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by reputable security products. It’s not essentially a dangerous program but it does bundle with potentially unwanted programs and malware, and it can also use a very large amount of CPU and memory which can cause a computer to become slow and sluggish. Furthermore, once SoftPlanet Software Assistant is uninstalled the application will still remain on your computer and you must manually end the process (spassist(32 bit)) and remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant from the directory folder found in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftPlanet Software Assistant. The program is also known to gain unauthorized entrance to a computer that it infects without user consent or knowledge.
The SoftPlanet Software Assistant program is not a program to be taken lightly. The program bundles with adware that can violate your privacy without your consent. The adware it can bundle with generates very intrusive pop-up and in-text styled ads which are defined as ‘targeted’ ads. Targeted style ads are a very big privacy concern because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit and your browser history) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
The “SoftPlanet Software Assistant virus” is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a very severe malware infection. In fact, our review of this adware found that it downloaded and installed alongside hundreds of malicious files and unwanted programs, which is more than most common forms of adware. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
SoftPlanet Software Assistant and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. SoftPlanet Software Assistant is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that SoftPlanet Software Assistant adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”SoftPlanet Software Assistant overview”]
- SoftPlanet Software Assistant bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- SoftPlanet Software Assistant is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- SoftPlanet Software Assistant makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
- SoftPlanet Software Assistant will remain on your computer once you manually uninstall it from the Control Panel. The process spassist(32 bit) can be found running.
How to remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant (Virus Removal)
- Option 1: Automatically remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “SoftPlanet Software Assistant” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing SoftPlanet Software Assistant we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant
How to uninstall SoftPlanet Software Assistant
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for SoftPlanet Software Assistant by Verti Technology Group, Inc (or other publisher) in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click SoftPlanet Software Assistant to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find SoftPlanet Software Assistant in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant below.[/note]
How to remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SoftPlanet Software Assistant extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the SoftPlanet Software Assistant add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the SoftPlanet Software Assistant extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find SoftPlanet Software Assistant in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove SoftPlanet Software Assistant below.[/note]
SoftPlanet Software Assistant virus removal tips
- If you do not find SoftPlanet Software Assistant in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing SoftPlanet Software Assistant you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: