How to remove SnapSearch (Virus Removal Guide)
SnapSearch (also searched for as SnapSearch virus, Snap Search) is an adware type program and browser application that sneaks onto a computer system in order to inject webpages with targeted and deceptive advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually say something like Ads by SnapSearch or brought by SnapSearch on them and they can be delivered across multiple internet browsers.
How to remove SnapSearch (Virus Removal Guide)
- What is SnapSearch?
- How to uninstall SnapSearch
- How to remove SnapSearch with Malwarebytes
- SnapSearch removal tips
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
What is SnapSearch?
SnapSearch adware is often promoted by third-party software bundlers and download managers as a free web shopping utility that can help you locate coupons, deals, and discounts for the products you view online and search for.
SnapSearch adware displays ‘targeted’ style advertisements. This is a privacy concern because it means that SnapSearch adware will manufacture advertisements based off of user information it collects, such as personal browsing data, including your bookmarks, history, and web searches.
The “SnapSearch virus” is merely a term used to identify this threat. The adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove SnapSearch if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
SnapSearch and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. SnapSearch is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that SnapSearch adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
- SnapSearch adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- SnapSearch adware is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- SnapSearch adware injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, and in-text style advertisements.
- SnapSearch adware and the programs it bundles with make changes to existing Windows settings and schedule new tasks allowing the adware and the programs it bundles with to run every time Windows starts and remained enabled if disabled by the user.
How to uninstall SnapSearch
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for SnapSearch in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click SnapSearch to begin the uninstall process.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find SnapSearch in your list of installed program and are still experiencing SnapSearch ads while you browse the web you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SnapSearch extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the SnapSearch add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the SnapSearch extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove SnapSearch with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure the program is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard. A scan will also start the update process; However, we must suggest that you manually ensure the program is updated before you perform a scan.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. Once the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
SnapSearch removal tips
- If you do not find SnapSearch in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing SnapSearch you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411