This SmileysWeLove removal guide provides steps to remove the SmileysWeLove virus to get rid of ads by SmileysWeLove on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as to remove associated malware and adware.
What is SmileysWeLove?
If you notice ads by SmileysWeLove while browsing the internet your personal information may be at risk. This known adware will usually obtain permission to access and collect user browsing data for marketing purposes, be that email promotions, pop-up advertisements, and more.
What makes matters worse is that potential SmileysWeLove malware is known to install alongside or bundle with additional items that provide their own threats. Additional items may include browser hijackers that take control of affected browsers, often causing browser redirects and other unwanted activities.
Although this program and associated programs cause a threat, the most apparent symptom of this infection are the pop-up advertisements it creates. Associated programs, browser add-ons, and browser extensions will have permission to access user browsing data such as all activities, bookmarks, history, information submitted to websites while the programs are installed, and more. This inforamtion is then submitted to third-parties and used to serve specific user targeted advertisements it feels the user is susceptible to click on based off of their recorded habits. This means if you recently purchased a coffee table from an online retailer, you may notice pop-up advertisements and email promotions trying to sell you new furniture (or even coffee products). Also, the adware can use text on the current webpages you visit to display advertisements relative to the content.
How to remove SmileysWeLove (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall SmileysWeLove
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled SmileysWeLove. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove SmileysWeLove add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SmileysWeLove extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SmileysWeLove add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SmileysWeLove add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.