Block smarter-content.for-your.website referrals in Google Analytics
Smarter-content.for-your.website is a referrer spam URL that currently forwards to scribecontent.com. The smarter-content.for-your.website domain name is used to spam Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic in order to promote services provided by scribecontent.com.
Referral traffic from this website doesn’t actually land on your website. It is a type of traffic known as ghost traffic. The referral traffic basically targets your Google Analytics ID at random and appears in your Google Analytics data. This can cause a lot of problems with your website’s appropriate analytical data.
Smarter-content.for-your.website referrer spam and referrer spam from other well known spam URLs such as googlemare.com is becoming a big issue and hot topic of discussion for many bloggers, webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Unwanted smarter-content.for-your.website referrals can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URL usually ‘appears’ to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which interfere with the results of your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that smarter-content.for-your.website referrals can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, Conversions, and Behavior reports.
What is smarter-content.for-your.website?
Smarter-content.for-your.website is a referrer spam URL that currently forwards to scribecontent.com. Scribe provides various content creation services. The website utilizes referrer spam indexing in order to get your attention and provoke you to visit the website.
Referrer spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Smarter-content.for-your.website referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block smarter-content.for-your.website
This guide shows you how to block smarter-content.for-your.website referrals in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop smarter-content.for-your.website referrer spam at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add smarter-content.for-your.website or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add smarter-content.for-your.website and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | smarter-content.for-your.website