How to remove smart-saverplus (Virus Removal)
smart-saverplus (also found as smart-saverplus virus) is a specific family of adware that usually bundles with dubious flash updates, software bundlers, and third-party download managers. It is known to enter a computer system without user knowledge, access and collect user browsing data, and use the user browsing data to serve deceptive and intrusive advertisements. It can be found as the name of a program that installs into Windows Control Panel or as the publisher of an ad-supported program which uses a different name.
What is smart-saverplus?
According the the author of this adware is a web application for people who are seeking the best deals and coupons. These types of objects are also known as web shopping assistants.
smart-saverplus adware will modify user browsing data and settings. It will ultimately use private browsing data such as browsing activities and history to generate ‘targeted’ advertisements it feels users will be most likely to click on.
smart-saverplus adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove smart-saverplus if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
[fancy_box title=”smart-saverplus overview”]
- smart-saverplus bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- smart-saverplus is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- smart-saverplus injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- smart-saverplus makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove smart-saverplus (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove smart-saverplus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove smart-saverplus
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove smart-saverplus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “smart-saverplus” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing smart-saverplus we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove smart-saverplus.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove smart-saverplus
How to uninstall smart-saverplus
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for smart-saverplus in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click smart-saverplus to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find smart-saverplus in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove smart-saverplus below.[/note]
How to remove smart-saverplus add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the smart-saverplus extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the smart-saverplus add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the smart-saverplus extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find smart-saverplus in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove smart-saverplus below.[/note]
Tips to remove smart-saverplus
- If you do not find smart-saverplus in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing smart-saverplus you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411