Sliding Coupons (also searched for as Sliding Coupons virus or SlidingCoupons virus) is the name of a program you do not want to find on your computer. It can be a simple threat and display advertisements while you browse the web or it can be the sign of a very severe malware infection because it is known to bundle with other unwanted programs and malicious software. Reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs have included Sliding Coupons in the potentially unwanted program and adware categories of computer threats. Once Sliding Coupons is installed it will access your personal browsing data and use the data to serve ads it feels you are most likely to click on. Ads displayed by this adware often say “Ads by Sliding Coupons” or “brought by Sliding Coupons” on them.
What is Sliding Coupons?
Sliding Coupons is promoted as a free web shopping utility that can show you website rankings and will provide you with coupons and details relative to your internet searches and currently viewed online content.
Potential Sliding Coupons malware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Sliding Coupons are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Sliding Coupons adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Sliding Coupons if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Sliding Coupons get on my computer?
Sliding Coupons and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Sliding Coupons is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Sliding Coupons adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Sliding Coupons overview”]
- Sliding Coupons bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Sliding Coupons is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Sliding Coupons injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Sliding Coupons makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Sliding Coupons virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Sliding Coupons virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Sliding Coupons
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Sliding Coupons virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Sliding Coupons” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Sliding Coupons we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Sliding Coupons.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Sliding Coupons
How to uninstall Sliding Coupons
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Sliding Coupons in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Sliding Coupons to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Sliding Coupons in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Sliding Coupons below.[/note]
How to remove Sliding Coupons add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Sliding Coupons extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Sliding Coupons add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Sliding Coupons extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Sliding Coupons in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Sliding Coupons below.[/note]
Sliding Coupons virus removal tips
- If you do not find Sliding Coupons in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Sliding Coupons you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411