How to remove Simple PC Optimizer (Removal Guide)
Simple PC Optimizer by SimpleStar is advertised as a multi-purpose Windows utility program that will diagnose errors on your PC, safely repair them, and provide other maintenance and optimization recommendations. The free version of Simple PC Optimizer is only a scanner that will scan your computer. In order to use the program and take advantage of the full capabilities you must purchase a semi-annual subscription to the program.
Without alerting the user beforehand this program will install an additional program named SimpleStarSmartNotifications that is used to advertise various programs by SimpleStar on Windows desktop.
According to VirusTotal, a website owned by Google, an executable file for a program published by the same author named SimpleDriverUpdaterSetup.exe is currently recognized as potentially malicious or an unwanted program by AVG and DrWeb (https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5abed5aa7a4b672744ae4780ce3868b7669b4a020a864b79ad7c0d4eb30859d7/analysis/1468298890/).
A concern with Simple PC Optimizer is that it may bundle with or be advertised by an advertising platform that promotes unwanted programs, malware, and various unwanted files. The program may bundle with other objects that are downloaded from a questionable source. Downloading objects online including freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if you download it from a malicious site or using an untrustworthy download manager can lead to a computer infection.
Removing Simple PC Optimizer from your computer is recommended by various sources. Use the Simple PC Optimizer removal guide below to completely remove this program and other threats from your computer.
How to remove Simple PC Optimizer
- Uninstall Simple PC Optimizer from your computer
- Remove malware with Malwarebytes
- Perform a second-opinion scan with HitmanPro
- Cleanup junk and repair your settings with CCleaner
Uninstall Simple PC Optimizer from your computer
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel (or Programs and Features).
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program (in earlier versions of Windows this is called Add and remove programs).
3. Double click the Simple PC Optimizer program to begin the uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled this program make sure to uninstall other programs by the same publisher.
Remove Simple PC Optimizer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
Perform a second-opinion scan with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
Cleanup junk and repair your settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
How to stay protected against future infections
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
Common Online Guidelines
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know