Silon virus (Trojan horse)
Silon is a very malicious trojan horse that is designed to steal victim’s personal information, in particular a user’s online purchase and banking data. If the Silon trojan infiltrates a Microsoft Windows Operating System, your banking credentials may be exposed to cyber-criminals. Therefore, the Silon infection raises many concerns relating to extortion and credit theft.
The first detection of the Silon trojan occurred in 2010. Despite being active for over 4 years, the Silon virus (though technically a trojan) is still considered a very big threat. Over the years, the trojan’s presence has been highly reduced; However, cyber criminal who developed Silon are not quite done yet. Newer versions of the Silon trojan have been developed and in 2010, the Silon trojan was a commonly detected throughout the UK: It has been estimated by third-party security vendors that 1 out of 500 PCs were infected by this trojan in the UK alone.
Trojans like the Silon infection attach themselves to a computer system in order to remain undetected and collect a user’s banking and credit details. This information can sometimes be stored by the user on their computer, saved in a user’s browser settings, or manually submitted online while the trojan is installed.
If you belive that the Silon trojan has caused issues with your bank or credit account, it is recommended to contact the appropriate institution (such as your bank or credit holder) in order to resolve fraudulent issues with your compromised account.
How does Silon get onto a computer?
The main cause of infection of a Silon trojan is spam email. Most of the time victims may recieve spam emails containing malicious links or malicious attachments. These emails may promote items and services that may seem “too good to be true” in order to trick victims into downloading malicious files.
In some cases, the Silon trojan and other malware can be contracted via malicious advertisements, compromised social media content, and more.
How to remove the Silon Trojan
- Automatically remove Silon – Scan for and automatically remove the Silon trojan with Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware software
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Silon removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Silon and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.