ShopScouter (also known as ShopScouter virus and Shop Scouter) is a program that has been flagged by the internet security industry. Most Antivirus and Anti-Malware products will detect ShopScouter as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. ShopScouter is known to use deceptive tactics to disrupt a computer system and bombard internet users with targeted advertisements.
This adware puts users at risk of many serious issues. It creates new tasks that can decrease the performance of a computer system and interrupt internet speeds. The new tasks that it creates will allow ShopScouter to check to see if it is disabled, and if so, enable itself. ShopScouter and programs that it bundles with also change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts.
ShopScouter is not technically defined as a computer virus but the unwanted program is still a threat or the sign of a serious computer infection. Adware like this usually downloads and installs alongside malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including adware like UniDeals or Fun4U. This means that it will probably be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions in order to stop all unwanted activities from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why the professional internet security community recommends to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove ShopScouter and malicious files that it may bundle with.
Browser attachments that bundle with ShopScouter have ‘permissions’ set allowing them to perform tasks users may find undesirable. These permissions are listed below.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
ShopScouter is commonly contracted without user consent or knowledge. It is used to promote free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web, therefor it bundles with multiple objects. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and more.
Users who wish to consciously install freeware may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install ShopScouter adware and other objects during the installation process; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing is often ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner and the adware will install anyways.
This program and objects that it bundles with can also be promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements are usually dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove ShopScouter (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall ShopScouter
- Step 3: Remove ShopScouter malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove ShopScouter add-ons and extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall ShopScouter
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for ShopScouter and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove ShopScouter malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.